Rotators can be found on the homepage of many websites. In order to add, edit, or delete a rotator, find the “Rotators” page under the heading, “Media.”
- Find: Begin typing the name of the content you would like to find and the system will perform a search. NOTE: Do not click the enter key as you type. This will remove the Search terms.
- Sort Function: When scrolling over the top of the list, the Heading turns dark and an Arrow appears next to the Heading. Once you see the Arrow, simply click the Heading to Sort the List in alpha-numeric order. Click again for a reverse order of the list.
- Edit Selected: To change the Publish Status or to Delete selected items, click the check boxes to the left of each item. When the boxes are checked, the "Edit Selected" button will turn on next to the Add button. Click "Edit Selected" to change Status or Delete.
- Edit Content: To edit your content, click the underlined words that are in a different color. When scrolling over the words, a pencil icon will appear and the row will change to a light orange.
- Title: A name for the rotator.
- Slide Transition: The number of seconds each slide can display in the rotation, before the next animation begins.
- Assigned to Pages: Associates the rotator with a given Page. The Template used for the Page must support Rotators.
- Add a New Slide: Starts the process of creating a slide.
- Autofill with Content: Automatically creates a slide based on the content associated with the item selected (for example, selecting an Event will fill the fields with the Title, Image, and Summary fields from the Event record).
- Image/Video: Associate an image to display in the slide. If a Video is selected, a Video Preview Image option is available to serve as the image. More often than not, the Image is what will display in the rotation.
- Title: The title of the slide.
- Caption: A description of the slide.
- Link: The content linked to the slide.
- Open Link in a New Window: Depending on the visitor's browser settings, the Link is opened in a new window or tab.
To delete a specific slide in a rotator, click on the rotator you want to edit. Then, hover the mouse over the thumbnail of the slide you wish to delete. Click the trash can in the bottom-right corner of the slide thumbnail, and the slide will be deleted from the rotator.
NOTE: At this time, once a rotator is deleted, there is no way to recover it.
Though the Rotator option may appear in the CMS, this may not necessarily mean the feature is implemented into your site's templates. Though rotators typically are popular elements on home pages, it is possible to integrate one into a subpage design as well. Contact Support for more information.
Any existing image rotator, such as those made with Flash, Link Lists, or Galleries may need to be recreated to take advantage of the new options available with the Rotators module. Depending on your needs, Rotators can be built by a developer in a variety of ways with the fantastically flexible Rotators API. The handling of images and video is also extremely customizable. Here's an example of a rotator created with Rotators API which features video items. Contact Support for more information.